|~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~|
What Your Year 2 Child Needs to Know
What Your Year 2 Child Needs to Know is the second in the series of six books—one for each year—for home educators, family members and children to enjoy. Read below to see all the varied topics and activities it includes, and click here to purchase it.
Language and Literature:
- Reading, Writing and Your Year 2 Child
- Familiar and Favourite Poems, including: A Good Play by Robert Louis Stevenson, Three Wise Men of Gotham, The Purple Cow by Gelett Burgess
- Stories, Tall Tales and Drama, including: Aesop's Fable: The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing, King of the Nogs, Issun Boshi, 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf: A Play'
- Tongue Twisters, Riddle Rhymes and Familiar Sayings, including: 'Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers' and Rhymes, 'Let the cat out of the bag', 'The more the merrier', 'If at first you don't succeed...'
History and Geography:
- World History and Geography, including: Fantastic Pharaohs, A Journey Down the Nile, A Great Mesopotamian Story, What Different People Believe
- British and European Geography, including: The Countries of the British Isles, Scandinavian Geography, Great Explorers: Roald Amundsen
- British History, including: Romans in Britain, Roman Influences on Britain, Post-Roman Britain, Archaeology, The Vikings; Tall Tales, Alfred Burns the Cakes, Normans in Britain, The Domesday Book, May Day Celebrations
- People Have Been Making Art for a Very Long Time, including: Queen Nefertiti's Eyes, Ancient Egyptian Art, Masterpieces in Metal, Treasure from the Sutton Hoo Ship Burial
- Colours, Shapes and Textures, including: Monet, Hockney, Dürer, Making Mini Picassos
- Looking Good: Portraits, including: The Queen's Portrait, da Vinci, Rembrandt, Hogarth
- Murals: Paintings on Walls, including: Paula Rego and Chalk It Up!
- Making Music, including: Musical Instruments, The Orchestra and Great Composers
- What You Can Do With Music, including: Music Can Make You Move, Jazz, Improvising
- Favourite Songs, including: 'The Grand Old Duke of York', 'La Cucaracha', Michael Finnigan, There's a Hole in my Bucket, Billy Boy
- Numbers, Number Sense and Money, including: Place Value, Using Graphs, Fractions, Coin Combinations, Counting Money, Notes
- Addition and Subtraction, including: Practicing Addition, Practicing Subtraction, Two-Digit Addition and Subtraction, Comparing Differences and Sums
- Multiplication and Division, including: What is Multiplication?, Practising Multiplication, Word Problems and Missing Factors, Division, Operations, Division Word Problems, Division and Fractions
- Living Things and Their Habitats, including: Woodland Habitat, Underground Habitat, Desert Habitat, Freshwater Habitat, Ocean Habitat, The Food Chain, Dinosaurs
- Oceans and Undersea Life, including: Tides, Ocean Currents, Under the Sea
- The Human Body, including: Skeletal System, Muscular System, Circulatory System, Digestive System, Nervous System
- Matter: Solid, Liquid, and Gas, including: Atoms and Changing States of Matter
- Units of Measurement, including: Units of Measurement, How Long?, How Much Space Does it Fill?
- Electricity: An Introduction to the Shocking Facts, including: How Electricity Works, What Conducts?
- Astronomy: Our Solar System, including: A Star and Nine Planets, The Moon, What Makes Day and Night?
- Down to Earth, including: The Earth Makes Different Kinds of Rocks, The Earth's Important Minerals
- Stories About Scientists, including: Jenner, Pasteur, Edison, Franklin